The transformation into flakes of cereals and legumes grains, such as corn, barley, wheat, soy bean, sorghum or oat, traditionally used in animal nutrition, improves the nutritional standard of the various animal species: dairy cows, beef cattle, horses, pigs, sheep and other production species.
Thermo-flaked cereals represent a determining factor in obtaining healthier, more fertile and long-living animals, as well as high quality milk and meat. The introduction of flaked cereals in the animal diets implies also the following benefits:
– increase in the milk production per unit of feed and quality improvement;
– remarkable improvement in cheese production, raising the casein content of milk;
– increase of triglycerides content in lymph and blood, thus permitting a higher production of milk fat;
– Increase also of the concentration of unsaturated fatty acids (linoleic) raising the fertility rate;
– prevention and improvement of the acidosis in the rumen, in diets with a high content of concentrates;
– remarkable improvement of feed/meat conversion rate.
– reduction of the rumen fermentation of starch and proteins with a better intestinal utilization (by-pass effect), essential for high production ruminants.